Industrial monument Gasometer
The gasometer is visible from afar in the cityscape of the eastern part of Pforzheim. Built in 1912, it served as a balancing tank for Pforzheim's gas supply for almost 100 years and is now one of the last remaining bell gas tanks in the country. Like a landmark, it is a reminder of the former location of the municipal gasworks and the era of industrialization. The preservation of this industrial monument and impressive testimony to the art of German engineering was a major concern for the shareholders of the Parkhotel Pforzheim when they converted the gas boiler into a modern event and exhibition building. In close coordination with the monument preservation authorities, a gigantic building with a floor area of almost 1,500 square meters and 60,000 cubic meters of enclosed space was created, in which the world’s largest panoramic artworks by the artist Yadegar Asisi are presented today.
Learn more about its exciting history and that of the gas supply of the city of Pforzheim in the 20th century in a special guided tour especially focused on this impressive building.